Causes of buildup are hair, soap residue, body oils and bath oils.
To prevent problems:
- Place special hair strainer over the drain of tub and basin to catch hair before it goes down the drain.
- Do not wash pets in the tub. Animals shed constantly and huge amounts of hair will be washed down the drain.
- Continue preventive maintenance program once a week in the bathroom as well as in the rest of the house.
Diapers (including disposable types), sanitary napkins, paper towels, inadequate water flow, and foreign objects such as toys, combs and aerosol caps. Solution:
1. Make sure the water flow is not blocked by mineral build-up and tank is filling to correct level.
2. Do not place small objects close to toilet where they may fall in.